Home Insurance

Home Insurance with AFIA

With the recent increase of fire-related incidents in Dubai, protecting your home as well as most of your prized possessions – whether it’s electronics, jewellery or furniture is important. By taking up a suitable home insurance plan you may rest assured that your valuable belongings will be secured from the financial losses arising from fire, natural perils and physical damage.

With AFIA, you get
1. Tailor made home insurance packages that for your specific requirement and guidance towards the extent of cover on all eventualities whether you live in Dubai or anywhere in the UAE.
2. Claims Assistance through the services of our dedicated Claims Manager where we make your case to the insurers to pay out and provide you a hassle free claim process.
3. Best prices and quick responses by specialist home insurance advisors.

AFIA works with all the leading home insurance providers in the UAE so that we can give you all the options that you have and recommend the best product and insurer for you. Some names of insurers with specialist home insurance products include:
1. AXA Gulf
2. RSA
3. Oman Insurance
4. Qatar Insurance
5. Tokio Marine
6. Emirates Insurance

Main Covers –

Coverage from Natural Calamities
Your home is insured against damages caused by all kinds of natural perils, fire, flood, storm, riot, water leak, theft and more.

Alternative cost of accommodation
Due to an eventuality, if your home is deemed unfit to live in, you will be covered for the costs of relocating to an alternative premises.

Tenants’ liability
This cover protects you from any insured incident that happens at your tenanted property and for which you are liable to your landlord or any third party person.

Occupiers Liability to the public
This cover will indemnify you against your legal liability for damages and claimants’ cost and expenses in respect of

a. Accidental bodily injury to any third party person due to an insurable incident at your residence

b. Accidental Loss of or damage to material property

Worldwide Cover
Personal belonging coverage is a worldwide coverage from loss, theft or accidental damage to your most valuable belongings and in case of your contents you are covered for a maximum of 60 days when your home is unoccupied.

Loss of Keys
If you do lose your home keys, then the cost of changing your home lock mechanism will be covered under your home insurance policy

Loss of personal documents and money
You can also cover the loss of all your personal documents and money (as per policy schedule) due to any insured incident such as loss of passport, educational certificates etc.

Optional cover.

Personal belonging Coverage
Personal effects including clothing plus specified and listed items such as jewellery, watches, mobile phones, laptops generally all the items that you carry out on a day to day basis or even when you are on a holiday can be covered from accidental damage, loss or theft

Domestic helper Coverage
Home insurance even provides protection to your staff at your home for emergency medical expenses, death cover and repatriation of mortal remains.

Tenant’s Liability Cover
You have an option to increase the tenants liability cover at an additional cost up to a maximum of 5 million AED (with selected insurers).


1. What can be termed as contents?
All your household goods that you do not carry out on a daily basis such as your furniture, artwork, appliances etc
2. What can be termed as personal belonging?
All your valuable items that you do carry out on a day to day basis such as watches, jewellery, laptops, mobile phones, cameras etc
4. Are my items covered if I move house?
You care covered on your contents when you are moving from home to another subject to it being done by a professional movers.
5. How are lost items replaced?
Lost or damaged items are repaired or replace for new to old basis if repairing the item is not possible.
6. If I have a mortgage, will the banker’s interest be noted?
Yes the policy can be assigned to the mortgage lender.
7. Do I require Building Insurance?
Building Insurance is only required to be taken up if you are landlord of the property and not if you are the tenant.
8. What’s the difference between home insurance, contents insurance, personal property insurance, household insurance, home secure and property insurance?
All different ways to name home insurance i.e. different names to cover your household contents, personal belongings and/or building!

Get in touch with AFIA for Home Insurance

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)

Phone (required)

Your Message (required)